Saturday, August 19, 2017

Criteria for investing in REITS

what is the criteria for choosing the right Investing Reits?

NAV, Gearing, Asset Quality, Sponsor, Business Nature/Sector, yield.

Sponsor for example sph reit sponsor is sph .... fraser reits the sponsor is FCL ...
Ie the backer of the reits are impt to me, it much constitutes of what asset quality the reit will be getting in the long term.
Look at some of the smaller reits in sgx ... some industrial reits, the sponsor is small n unknown and the asset injection sometimes are very lousy .. Sabanas I say is one example

For example, I compare the yield of Sph reit against the same peers like Fraser and capitamall to get a feel of what it's peer is having. I look at the relative yield against its peers at any point of time.
Then also need to look at their occupancy rates and if DPU has been increasing or decreasing for the past 5 years.. etc etc.
If I want to be super conservative I will just use price to book for a simple valuation of cos the Lower the better. 
I remb during GFC, all the reits are trading at deep discounts ... well no such sale anymore. 


generally buy below nav. pay a slight premium if reit are gd. I did for MCT. 
well managed reits is that dpu is growing y to y
gearing n interest cover , occupancy, debts repayment period need to be considered.

Example :
fct, mct, cct , mlt etc .

No comments:

Post a Comment